Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Shout-out: Bug off, my spammy friend

It probably shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but it really irks me that somebody's trying to market health insurance policies to the six or seven people who drop by this blog by leaving bogus comments about how health insurance is a "major aspect of many people's lives." These comments are attributed to "Blue Cross of California," but link to an insurance agent's web site.

It's one thing if you're selling like P3N1S 3NLARG3M3NT or h/e/r/b/a/!++v0!0a0g0r0a, but I don't know why anyone would think this is an effective way to market
something like health insurance. I doubt this is a technique sanctioned by Blue Cross, and I doubt it generates more good will than ill. Maybe you get some hits by associating yourself with "health insurance" and "Blue Cross of California," but eventually some irate blogger who isn't as nice as I am will associate your name with "spam" or "jerk" or "fraud" or "California Insurance Commissioner complaint" or "serial masturbator."

Don't come around here no more.

1 comment:

mdmhvonpa said...

Heh ... serial maturbator ... How do you make a FruitLoop get excieted?! ;)