Thursday, October 07, 2010

Grateful

Over the last year or so, it's been hard not to notice that I've been on the receiving end of a lot of help and good will much more often than I've been on the giving end. I hope I remember to say thanks to those who help me out, because it makes a huge difference in my life, especially the kind of help that saves me a few steps or a bit of lifting--I really think it makes a difference in terms of my ability to stay employed and to devote some of my limited energy to taking care of myself.

Honestly, I'm not naturally inclined to be a taker and it's taken some humbling for me to get to a place where I can accept a hand here and there. I'm using a cane more often than not these days, and it seems to bring out the better instincts of people around me.

Thanks.

No comments: