Thursday, June 01, 2006

Journal: Running on fumes

I've been up since about 1:00 in the morning. I'm not sure why I've been having such trouble staying asleep, but it doesn't help that I've tapered down to just 300 mg of Lyrica per day in advance of switching to desipramine. Last night, I felt hypersensitive to every little itch, every little wrinkle in the sheets, every little sniffle from the big yellow dog who shares my room. I also starting getting the reflexive foot movements that plagued me a while back. So it's not exactly that I was lying there in pain, but as I sit at my desk, I'm really missing those other 900 mg of Lyrica.

On the up side, though, I managed to get some reading done. For the first time since I blew through The Da Vinci Code, I'm reading a novel and staying with it. I'd kinda given up on reading for a while- I couldn't seem to focus for more than a few minutes, and I'd lose track of what I'd read just a page or two before. It really took the fun out of it. On impulse, though, I picked up The Constant Gardener at the library a few weeks ago, thinking that something with some suspense and intrigue would help keep me on track. So far, so good: I'm about half-way through, and enjoying it very much. I haven't seen the movie, but I'd like to when I'm done with the book.

technorati tag:

No comments: