Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dizzy + foggy + tippy = dizzippoggy?

For the last couple days, I've been feeling a little dizzy, especially in the morning. Both yesterday and today, it hit me when I got to the office and sat down at my desk. I had some trouble reading stuff on my monitor--my eyes didn't seem to want to follow text in an orderly left-to-right fashion--and when I'd get up to walk down to the bathroom, I seemed incapable of walking in a relatively straight line. By mid-afternoon, it passed for the most part, but I haven't really gotten anything done this week. This is partly because I haven't got much to do, just some ongoing summer projects, but it's made for interminably long, boring work days punctuated by occasional spasms of self-consciousness and worry.

I'm not sure what, if anything, to do about it. The timing's kinda bad: Carmen just found out she was not accepted to the nursing program she wanted to start in the fall, and I'm still a year away from qualifying for my employer's long-term disability benefit, so I'm worried about our long-term finances and was planning to ask my boss for a raise. Now I'm afraid to sit down with my boss lest he notice my somewhat addled state.

I wonder if it's something ear-related, at least the balance stuff. I've had moderate tinnitus for the last few years and lately have noticed a few times that my left ear has faded out briefly.

No comments: