Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Disaboom: New commercial site for disabled community

The other day, I did something I can't really remember doing before: I actually clicked on a banner ad, something for a site called Disaboom.com. Disaboom, which will premiere this weekend, promises to be "the revolutionary solution to the difficulties faced by an untapped market of more than 650 million adults worldwide living with disabilities and a valuable resource for their caregivers, families, rehabilitation providers and employers."

I'm not sure how I feel about being characterized as a part of "untapped market," but the site appears to offer disease-specific medical information and discussions, plus news, reviews of products and services, job listings, and classified ads. Something to watch, I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been a member of Disaboom for a couple of months now. Very informative, not only about MS but a host of other conditions as well. It's opened my eyes to the world around me.

Stephen said...

boy, i already feel so overwhelmed with sites specifically for this vast "untapped"market. untapped? it is hard to avoid sites for disabled people. maybe untapped means this site will do a better job of selling stuff to us? i try to keep an open mind tho, so i look forward to your letting us know how it turns out.